Scholarships & Procedures
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic or other achievement requirements made by scholarship donors. This page details how to submit scholarship applications to the LNHS Career Center. Colleges offer their own scholarships from alumni, educational departments, academic achievements, etc. Be sure to visit college websites frequently as due dates change and scholarships are added. Also check with newspapers, magazines, parents’ employers, students' employers, churches, and any student or parent/relative organizations or clubs.
Scholarship Application Procedures
- When needing a general scholarship transcript, turn in the completed scholarship to the Career Center (all requirements, ready to be mailed/emailed). Or if the application is seeking an official school section completed or a Dean signature.
- If a transcript is needed for mailing or submitting it online, complete Transcript Request Form, and turn it in with the completed application and a stamped/addressed envelope to the Career Center.
- DO NOT request transcripts electronically by using Parchment. “Unofficial” transcripts can be obtained through your own Infinite Campus account.
- If the scholarship does not need a transcript or any sections completed by a school official (Dean), you can simply complete the materials and mail or email your application, as directed on the application.
Scholarship Recommendation Letters
Scholarship letters of recommendation can be requested from teachers and Deans. Letters should always be returned to the student in order to be mailed with the scholarship requirements. Letters can be placed in a sealed envelope with a signature written on the seal for security and authenticity reasons. Allow 1-2 weeks for any official/Dean signatures or sections to be completed, obtaining transcripts, and mailing by the Career Center, before the scholarship due date. Each scholarship will be reviewed before mailing for accuracy requirements.
- Scholarship Letter of Recommendation from Teacher - Request Form
- Scholarship Letter of Recommendation from Dean - Request Form
For confidential scholarship reasons, financial information pages can be placed in a sealed envelope, and placed into a larger envelope for scholarship eligibility requirements, and then given to the Career Center. Along with any additional materials needed to be mailed while needing a transcript.
Learning Express Library
Learning Express offers information relating to high school classes, college preparation and career planning. Visit the website to research colleges, assist with high school learning and college entrance exams. Prepare for exams in social work, medical, air traffic, civil service, military, culinary, etc. all types of jobs. There is job and career accelerator aides which assist with career exploration, job search, resumes', internships, and scholarships. Learning Express assists with preparing for ACT, PSAT, SAT, and AP exams. They have websites pages complete with high school class improvement aides. It offers aides in several subjects such as Science, Math, English, Computer and much more! Visit the website for complete information: Learning Express
LNHS partners with Minnesota Career Information System (MCIS) All students have their own account portfolio access. Log in using Clever using the school-issued Gmail account, or go directly to MCIS using student username/password. Once signed in, you will find several scholarships listed under the Education tab, “Where to Get Help Paying for School”, Scholarships. MCIS lists several scholarships available to students. If you have any problems linking to MCIS, students should come to the LNHS Career Center.
Establish an LNHS Academic Scholarship
Scholarship donors interested in establishing an LNHS Academic Scholarship for Lakeville North High School students will need to contact the LNHS Career Center. In order to be considered as an LNHS Academic Scholorship, the award must be offered and awarded to an LNHS Senior student. All scholarships are established by the end of January of each year, and applications are due in March from students. Scholarship recipients are recognized in May at the LNHS Senior Awards Program.
LNHS Career Center Coordinator