Job Shadow Information
Senior Job Shadow Day: March 12, 2024
Online Job Shadow Form & Senior Interview Sheet DUE: MARCH 13, 2024, by 3 p.m.
Senior Job Shadow DAY: March 12, 2024
Online Job Shadow Form & Senior Interview are DUE: March 13, 2024
Senior Job Shadow is a graduation requirement.
All senior students should attend their Job Shadow Day on March 12, 2024 which is a Digital Learning Day.
Students set up their Job Shadow day themselves with a Mentor who should have a job position in the student's career field of interest. (Non-family member).
Students also need to have their Mentors complete the ONLINE SENIOR INTERVIEW (below)
The following day, March 8, the online JOB SHADOW FORM and SENIOR INTERVIEW sheet are due, March 13, 2024 by 3pm.
The student Job Shadow Form online (below) should be completed at home after spending the student spends the day with their Mentor.
Students CANNOT miss class time to complete this graduation requirement. However, if there are other days that work better for the Mentor, Job Shadow can be done on any of the school days that LNHS does NOT have classes in session. However, the due date remains March 13, 2024 by 3pm.
COMPLETE the TWO following requirements for the Senior Job Shadow Day. BOTH items are due March13, 2024 by 3pm:
- To assist with the Questions on the Form, students sign into your student school Gmail account.
- Use MCIS to assist with the Job Shadow questions on the form
- Once in students' Gmail accounts, students can then select "Clever" in order to use their MCIS account
Job Shadow "Questions", students log into their MCIS account:
- Login using Clever using students' Gmail school email account user and password: https://clever.com/in/isd194
- Select “Login with Google”. If needed, enter ISD194 Google login information--do not use personal email (Google) accounts.
- Select the “Minnesota Career Information System” icon (lighthouse icon) MCIS.
- Students should now be logged into MCIS. Be sure their name is in the upper right corner of the screen and answer the Job Shadow questions.
- Students' mentor completes ONLINE form (above title) and conducts a mock "interview" with student at the beginning of the Job Shadow day.
- Mentors may use this ONLINE form or print this form and give it back to the student before they leave their Job Shadow day. The student then turns the form in to the LNHS Career Center.