Six high school students returned to Lake Marion Elementary to see the solar panels on top of their former school. Five years ago when most of them were in fifth grade, they gave a presentation about solar energy to the school board. The power of their voice helped make their ideas a reality!
On Friday, May 20, Lakeville Area Schools middle school students volunteered with PawPADS, a Lakeville non-profit organization focused on training service dogs for assistance and therapy purposes.
On Wednesday, May 18, AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) students and their families, AVID staff, district administrators and the Board of Education came together for the 2022 AVID Awards Ceremony.
KTMS Announcement Highlights
There are 2 options for reporting an absence:
- Attendance line - 952-232-3818
- Attendance email: email@example.com
Hint: Save these in your contacts for easy access!
All notifications must state a reason for the absence. No reason given always results in an unexcused absence.
- Please send a note with your child to school. They will be given a pass to leave class and be ready for you. For emergencies, call or email the attendance office as soon as possible prior to your arrival.
- For safety and security reasons, you must come into the building and scan your license in order to verify we are releasing the student to their parent/guardian.
- This requires parent notification giving the reason for being late. A note, a call or an email works great. You do not need to come into the building with your child.
For any questions or concerns regarding your students attendance, please call or email our Attendance Office.
2021-2022 Yearbook Orders
Yearbooks currently cost $26. Price is good through January 28, 2022.
As of January 29th, price increases to $29 so don't delay!
Yearbooks will be for sale through February 28, 2022 when we need to get the publisher final yearbook numbers.
All orders must be placed online on the Josten's website. Here is the link: Yearbook Order Link
Kenwood offers a homework bus for students on a few strategic days throughout the year. This is a time where teachers invite some students to stay after school to help get them caught up.
Here are the Homework Bus Dates for the 2021-2022 school year.
The homework bus has a specific route it takes. Here is the Homework Bus Route Map.
Please verify with your student that there is a stop within at least 2 miles of your home and identify for them which stop that is. If there is not a stop that you think will work for you and your student, you will need to be able to pick your student up at 3pm in order for them to stay after school.