Intra District Transfer
Intra District Transfer is an option for students who live in the Lakeville Area Schools district boundary area, but wish to attend a different school in the district other than the one assigned to their residence.
Please note, the Intra District Transfer process applies only to families who currently live within the boundaries of Lakeville Area Schools and are applying to attend a school other than their attendance area school. If you do not currently live within the boundaries of Lakeville Area Schools, please follow the procedures for Open Enrollment.
To check if your address is within the district boundary, please use the Attendance Area Search Tool.
Families wishing to Intra District Transfer for the current school year may complete Step 1 and Step 2 of the Application process at any time.
2022-2023 School Year Timeline
Intra District Transfer applications will be accepted in three separate windows.
- Applications must be submitted by the application deadline to be considered in that window.
- Intra District Transfer applications will be reviewed with Open Enrollment applications requests and selected according to these approval criteria. Placements will be emailed to you on the announcement date.
- After the final window has concluded, Intra District Transfer applications may still be submitted, and will be reviewed on a weekly basis.
Please fill out and return the Intra District Transfer Application form for the year you are applying for.
- 2022-23 Intra District Transfer Application
- 2022-23 Aplicación para Transferencia Intradistral del Residente
Return completed application by application deadline to:
Lakeville Area Schools - Enrollment Office
17630 Juniper Path, Suite A
Lakeville, MN 55044
You will receive information about your preferred school's availability on the announcement date.
Frequently Asked Questions - Intra District Transfer
What are the approval guidelines?
Am I required to apply every year?
Does the district provide transportation for intra district transfer students?