Community Education Advisory Council
The purpose of the Community Education Advisory Council is to serve in an advisory capacity to the Community Education Department and the Director of Community Education in the fulfillment of the Department Mission:
“To Provide Learning Opportunities and Resources for Our Community to Develop Life-long Skills.”
Membership Requirements and Selection Criteria
Members must be legal residents, employees or officers of collaborating organizations, or employees of the Lakeville Area Schools.
Membership will be considered according to the following criteria:
- Expressed interest in school and community affairs.
- Expressed interest in the Community Education philosophy and its development.
- Leadership potential.
- Enthusiasm and interest in working towards the CEAC Mission and goals.
- Ability to participate on a regular basis.
- Ability to maintain diversity within the membership.
- Current or potential conflicts of interest.
Term limits are three years for members, two years for community liaisons, and one year for studentts.
Typical Meeting Schedule
Thursday evenings, 6:15-7:45 p.m. In-person and remote participation via Google Meet options available.
Meetings are open to the public and are generally held Thursday evenings, every other month. As meeting dates, times and locations are subject to change, please call 952-232-2150 to confirm meetings before attending.
- November 3, 2022 | 6:15-7:45 p.m.
- January 5, 2023 | 6:15-7:45 p.m.
- March 2, 2023 | 6:15-7:45 p.m.
- May 4, 2023 | 6:15-7:45 p.m.
Child care for toddler through elementary school-age children is available on site during meetings.
Director of Community Education
Apply to be a Member
A common application process for advisory councils opens in the spring, typically in April, for the district to consider the acceptance of new members. Notification of this process will be shared with the community shortly before the application opens. In the application, interested parties can select their top choices for which advisory councils they would like to apply to.
Visit our Advisory Councils page for the application link (when open) and to learn about all our advisory councils.