We remain committed to striving to meet the needs of all students as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to present challenges for schools. Following the latest guidance in the Minnesota Safe Learning Plan, our safety strategies for in-person learning include the following:
- Students and staff must complete a health self-check every morning before coming to school and before participating in extracurricular activities. If your student is experiencing any of the symptoms of COVID-19, please keep them at home and call your school to report your student’s absence.
- All students must wear a face covering at all times on school transportation and at school, except for during meals and at outdoor recess; Staff will wear face coverings and face shields when around students and other adults.
- Students must social distance from other students, whenever possible. Staff must maintain 6 feet of distance between students, whenever possible.
- Students will be kept in the same groups whenever possible with limited movement. Seating charts will be utilized on buses and in school buildings to support with contact tracing.
- School building access will continue to be restricted for visitors, volunteers and large group events/gatherings
- Schools will reinforce frequent and good hand hygiene during the school day and provide hand sanitizer at entrances/exits, in classrooms and in cafeterias
- Our school nurses will continue to contact trace positive cases of COVID-19. It remains important that all families have contingency plans in the event a student or classroom needs to quarantine or the entire school needs to transition unexpectedly.
We continue to work with our state and local public health experts to determine the most appropriate learning model for the health and safety of our students and staff, while providing a quality education.