Child Care 2.0 & Kid Zone 2020-21
Kid Zone is a child care and enrichment program offered at each elementary school. It is offered Monday through Friday and on most Non-School Days. School day hours are 6:30 a.m. to school start time and school day dismissal time to 6:00 p.m. Kid Zone is open for a full day on Non-School Days, 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Families can enroll in before-school, after-school or both sessions. Kid Zone offers a wide variety of activities including: arts & crafts, hands-on learning centers, STEAM, indoor and outdoor recreation, homework help and much more!
- Kid Zone Before and After School Child Care is a fee-based program for all families.
- The first day of Kid Zone is Monday, September 14, 2020 and the last day of Kid Zone is Tuesday, June 8, 2021.
- Kid Zone Program Hours:
- Before School Child Care: 6:30 a.m. to the start of the school day
- After School Child Care: End of the school day to 6 p.m.
- Breakfast can be purchased through the Lakeville Area Schools Student Nutrition Department. There is no charge for Kindergarten students or families qualifying for free or reduced lunch rates. An afternoon snack will be provided at no charge. If your child has specific dietary needs, please connect with your child’s Kid Zone instructor, school nurse, and/or school cook.
- Kid Zone Before and After School Child Care will follow the Minnesota Department of Health’s guidance.
- Health screenings will follow the District elementary school process.
- If student para support is identified through an IEP team process, support will be provided.
- A non-refundable registration fee of $50 per child to be paid at time of registration for Kid Zone Child Care. Both Tier 1 and Non-Tier 1 families must pay this fee.
- Tuition and fee information can be found on our website here.
Kid Zone Non-School Day Options
- Kid Zone will offer fee-based child care on most non-school days such as MEA, Winter Break, etc.
- Non-school days are open to all elementary-aged students, however Non-School Days will have limited availability with priority registration given to Tier 1 Critical Worker families.
- Non-school days may be cancelled if the District moves to the Distance Learning model.
- Registration will be available in mid-September.
- These days are non-refundable.
Kid Zone Child Care & Enrichment for 2021-22 School Year
Kid Zone provide safe, high-quality before and after school care for children. Within this framework, the program seeks to provide an environment which promotes learning and recreation. Kid Zone offers care and enrichment opportunities to elementary children in kindergarten through 5th grade. Kid Zone is located at all of the elementary schools which offer activities on regular school days as well as all day programming on most non-school days, such as teacher workshop days, winter break, etc.
The program is divided into different sessions throughout the day. The before-school program begins at 6:30 a.m. and operates until the school day begins. Children have a wide variety of activities to choose from including arts/crafts, gym games, computer lab, weekly themes, projects and hands-on learning centers. Parents may purchase a healthy breakfast from the district breakfast program. During the after-school program, children may join in indoor/ outdoor games, recreation events, homework help and have an after-school snack. The after-school program begins at dismissal time and is open until 6 p.m. Depending on your needs, you may enroll your child in one or two of our Kid Zone sessions. For more information, please call us at 952-232-2154.
2021-22 Kid Zone registration is open now!