About Adult Basic Education
Classes are from September 7, 2021 to May 27, 2022.
Lakeville Area Schools Adult Basic Education (ABE) is a part of Lakeville Area Community Education. We are located at 17685 Juniper Path, Lakeville, MN 55044.
Adult Basic Education provides opportunities for learners who want to:
- Learn English or improve their English skills.
- Earn a GED or High School Diploma.
- Explore local career options and prepare for job entry or advancement.
- Increase technology skills.
- Prepare for post-secondary education.
All classes are FREE
Classes are for adults age 17 and older who are not currently enrolled in high school. Students must also meet one or both of the following criteria:
- Lack of a high school credential
- Function below the 12th grade level in basic academic areas, such as: reading or math, or the inability to read, write or understand English.
Registration and Orientation
To register, contact Nancy Eldomiatti, ABE Secretary, at 952-232-2162 or email@example.com. All new students will complete paperwork and a short assessment which will take approximately 90 minutes.
Tracie Kreighbaum, PhD
We now offer an Introduction to Healthcare Careers class!
Classes are held on Friday mornings from 9:30am-12pm. Fall classes are going on now. Ask about joining our spring 2022 classes!
Participants will learn about healthcare career options and opportunities in the area. You will also be able to study for and take the Personal Care Assistance and Community First Services and Support test (a test through the Minnesota Department of Health). Those who pass can take home a PCA/CFSS certificate on the last day of class! This certificate is an entry level step into the healthcare field.
Local employers will visit the classroom and talk about employment opportunities and additional training.
This class is taught in English. Must score at least a 211 on the CASAS English proficiency exam. You must qualify for ABE services to participate in this course.