Lakeville Area Schools COVID-19 Protocols for 2021 Summer
According to the Minnesota Department of Education, the mandatory Safe Learning Plan ends after the last student-contact day of the 2020-21 school year (June 10 for Lakeville Area Schools). A limited number of requirements from the Federal government and State of Minnesota are still in effect to mitigate COVID-19 for summer programs.
The following COVID-19 protocols apply for all Lakeville Area Schools staff working through the summer months as well as the following summer programs:
- Small Wonders Summer Programs
- Summer Wonder Zone
- Early Childhood Family Education Summer Programs
- Early Childhood Screening
- Kindergarten Transitions
- Summer Adventures
- Youth Enrichment Programming
- K-12 Summer Learning
- Special Education
- Middle School DEN
- Community Ed Aquatics Gymnastics and Adult Enrichment
- Adult Basic Education classes
*All other community programming and facility-use will follow general State guidance at time of use.
- Face coverings are required to be worn on school buses at all times by all persons, as required by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), regardless of *vaccination status.
- Face coverings are optional in schools and facilities. However, people are strongly encouraged to wear face coverings when inside our schools and/or facilities given that children under the age of 12 are not yet eligible for vaccination and are at continued risk for getting sick from and potentially transmitting COVID-19.
- Face coverings are strongly recommended for unvaccinated staff and students by the CDC.
*Please note: COVID-19 vaccination or proof of vaccination is not a requirement for students or staff. For information about the COVID-19 vaccine, including locations to get vaccinated, please visit https://mn.gov/covid19/vaccine/index.jsp.
Physical Distancing and Cohorting
- There is no capacity or physical distancing requirement; however, spacing and cohort groups will occur to the fullest extent possible when students are indoors during summer programming.
COVID-19 Health Screening, Isolation and Quarantine
- All staff and students should continue to conduct a daily self screening before coming to school/work.
- Per state reporting requirements, all students should continue to alert the staff member identified by each program if they test positive for COVID-19, have COVID-like symptoms, live with someone who has COVID-like symptoms, or tests positive. Staff should continue to alert their Program Leader/Manager/Human Resource Manager.
- Students and staff who test positive for COVID-19 or who live with someone who tests positive are required to isolate/quarantine per the decision tree. Any required quarantine may result in the student or staff person from participating or working for a District program.
Handling a Suspected or Confirmed Case of COVID-19
- Lakeville Area Schools will continue to monitor for Influenza-like illness and positive COVID-19 cases and report cases to the MDH per Minnesota Rule 4605.7070.
- District programs will continue to alert families and staff by email if there is a positive case in the classroom/activity and if their student/the staff member is exposed to COVID-19.
- Students/staff in close contact to a positive case will not be required to quarantine. Lakeville Area Schools continue to recommend monitoring for symptoms and testing after exposure to a positive case for the safety of others (Community Testing Locations).
Please note, individual summer programs may have additional health and safety protocols in place, which will be communicated by the specific Program Leader or Manager to families/staff.
Lakeville Area Schools will continue to monitor and update this guidance based on new information from the CDC, Minnesota Department of Education, and Minnesota Department of Health.