All students will register for their courses for the next school year by accessing the Infinite Campus Registration portal. Students are able to view and register for courses online at home or at school.
The Campus Registration Portal will be open for registration:
February 10 - 18, 2022
Review the information under Academics area of the website to register for the courses that will be most beneficial for you.
- Review the Course Descriptions on the Program of Studies page.
- Refer to the Credit Check forms to ensure graduation requirements are being met with your selections. Students should use the “Elective Courses by Career Field” (copies can be obtained in the Dean’s Office or online) to help guide their course registration decisions.
- Students should consider post-secondary plans while making selections. Students should use career portfolio assessments and MCIS career activities results to help guide course selection to match specific career interests.
- Prerequisites and prior/current courses need to be considered when registering.
- Discuss choices with parents, guardians, teachers and Dean of Students.
- Complete the appropriate Course Selection Form for your grade.
Students in grades 10 and 11 must register for the type of schedule they wish to follow: Traditional or Early Bird.
Students in 10th or 11th grade are eligible to register for an early bird schedule if they are in:
- Band or Choir AND a World Language -- OR
- AVID -- OR
- LSHS STEM Academy -- OR
- LNHS Business Pathway -- OR
- LNHS STEM Biomedical Science Program -- OR
- LNHS STEM Engineering Innovation
LSHS students who are eligible for early bird may request a 7th hour six ways:
- “Honors English 10 - Early Bird” in addition to 6 classes -- OR
- “AP Language - Early Bird” in addition to 6 classes -- OR
- “Algebra 2 - Early Bird” in addition to 6 classes -- OR
- “AP Psychology - Early Bird” in addition to 6 classes
LSHS students in Encore or Jazz Band will be placed into an Early Bird schedule after auditions.
Online Registration Instructions
Step 1: Access Infinite Campus Portal
- Access the Infinite Campus Portal. If you do not have an account set up, please contact the Dean’s or Student Service Office.
- To begin registering, click on "Registration 2022-2023."
Step 2: Select Schedule Type
- Select the type of schedule desired for both semesters if entering grades 10 or 11. Select either "Traditional" or "Early Bird."
Step 3: Select Courses
- Click on "Course Search" to access screen that will allow you to search for choices.
- Clicking on "Go" will bring up a list of all courses. You can also type in the specific name of the course you wish to register for.
- CAUTION: Some courses may be abbreviated and when searching specific names may not come up. It may be advantageous to revert to “Go” for a list of all courses.
- Read the course description for the course selected. If this is the correct course, click on "Request this Course."
- You may need to scroll down for this command if the course description is long. The course name will now appear under Requested Courses on the left. Do not use the Request as an Alternate button for classes you are requesting as your primary classes.
To drop a course, click on the course name under Requested Courses. The course description will appear. Click on the "Drop this Request button." Return to registering courses by clicking on "Course Search."
Step 4: Select Alternate Courses
- After selecting all Requested Courses, select at least 2-4 Alternates. It is extremely important to think this through carefully. If there is a conflict with either offering or scheduling a requested course, students will be scheduled for one of the alternate choices.
Step 5: Complete Registration
- When you have completed registering, reread the requested courses portion of the screen to ensure all requested courses are listed.
- Click “Print Request Summary” at the top of the page to generate a hard copy of requests.
- Units: (32/32) in the upper left-hand corner indicates a completed registration.