2021-22 Application Process
Application forms for the 2021-22 school year will be available in January 2021.
Primary Goals of the Enrollment Process
Impact Academy program at Orchard Lake Elementary will attempt to reflect the demographic composition of the current attendance area for student enrollment. The equity application pool provides for identification of applications that support the goal of the Impact program, reflecting the demographic composition of the attendance for student enrollment. Impact Academy program grade levels will meet the class size guidelines as designated by the school board.
- 1st Grade: 24 students
- 2nd Grade: 28 students
- 3rd Grade: 30 students
- 4th and 5th Grade: 32 students
Application Timeline: (Process on Hold Due to COVID-19)
- Parent Outreach to families: January 2021
- Accepting Applications: to be determined
- Random Selection Process: to be determined
- Notification of Placement or Wait-List Status: to be determined
Equity Application Pool: (Application Needed)
You must be a resident of Lakeville Area Schools in order to be eligible for the equity pool
One identified indicator qualifies for Equity Pool:
- Students who identify a language other than English as their home language
- Family qualifies for Free or Reduced Lunch
Standard Application Pool: (Application Needed)
- Sibling preference granted when space is available
- If criteria for Equity Application Pool is not met, applications will be considered standard pool applications.
Random Selection Process
- Orchard Lake Elementary will determine the number of seats available per grade for the random selection process as designated in the Terms and Conditions. Available spaces will be allocated to applicant pools based on alignment to the enrollment goal of having Impact program enrollment demographics reflect the attendance area population as a whole.
- Orchard Lake Elementary will determine the number of seats available per grade for out-of-attendance area and open enrollment applications as designated by the Terms and Conditions. Available spaces will be allocated to applicant pools based on alignment to the enrollment goal of having Impact program enrollment demographics reflect the attendance area population as a whole.
- When determining the number of seats available results in a fraction, the equity applicant pool enrollment number will be rounded up.
- Example: 26% of 24 available seats is 6.24, so 7 seats would be allocated to the equity applicant pool and 14 seats to the standard applicant pool.
- Placements will occur using a random selection process. Actual allocations will be determined on an annual basis. A sample of typical statewide data for the application pools are:
- 26% of the available spaces for Equity Application Pool
- 74% of the available spaces for Standard Application Pool
- The equity pool applications selection process will be conducted first. In the event that applications remain after all allocated seats have been filled. Those applications will be moved to the standard application pool.
- The standard applications selection process will be conducted after the equity pool is complete. There will be a ISD194 allocation and Open Enrollment allocation of open seats.
- In the event that all of the available spaces for Open Enrollment families do not fill after completion of Step 6 and ISD 194 residents remain on the waiting list, the waiting list will be used to fill any available spaces held for Open Enrollment families after March 5, 2021.
- In the event that all of the available spaces for ISD 194 families do not fill after completion of Step 6 and Open Enrollment families remain on the waiting list, the waiting list will be used to fill any available spaces held for ISD 194 families after March 5, 2021.
- Once the first Selection Process is complete and all wait list families have been enrolled, an additional application process may be opened the week of March 15-19, 2021. If applications exceed space, a new wait list will be generated and families will be notified of their status as space is available.
- After the second Selection Process, any additional applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis when space allows.
- Wait lists will dissolve at a designated date, usually the end of the second week of school. Wait list families are encouraged to apply again for the following school year.