Activities, Athletics and Community Facility Use During COVID-19
Lakeville Area Schools will continue to offer in-person activities, athletics, Community Education enrichment programs and community facility use for as long as it is possible to do so in a safe manner and in consideration of reducing community spread while following the COVID-19 Participation Dial outlined below. All participants, leaders and spectators will continue to follow the established health and safety guidance provided by the Minnesota Department of Education, Minnesota Department of Health, and Minnesota State High School League guidance (where applicable) throughout each Dial Level.
Weekly Decision Timing and Data
The Participation Dial level will be reviewed weekly and changes communicated each Thursday. Superintendent Michael Baumann, in consultation with District administration, will make this recommendation based on county numbers, local zip code and boundary numbers, and school-specific data for ISD 194. Other agencies that may be consulted include: MDH Regional Support Team, Minnesota Department of Education, Minnesota Department of Health, Minnesota State High School League, the Governor’s office, the ISD 194 COVID Response Team, and the ISD 194 Board of Education.
Weekly Facility Update Meetings
The Facility Use Office will be holding weekly Google Meets. These meetings are open to any and all local youth associations including sports and scouting groups. Those who would like to attend must RSVP the Wednesday prior by 3:00 pm. Weekly updates will be posted to the Facility Use webpage each Friday.
Fill out this RSVP form to be part of this weekly call, which is held on Fridays at 9:00 AM.
Facility Use For Non-District Sponsored Groups
When the Dial Level is such that facility use by non-district sponsored groups can occur the following information has been included for your planning purposes.
- Facility requests are currently being accepted through the end of Summer 2021.
- Available facilities will include Middle and High Schools. Elementary schools and Crystal Lake Education Center are not being scheduled at this time due to many additional spaces being used as instructional spaces in order to deliver the hybrid learning model.
- Available spaces that are able to be requested at secondary buildings include gyms, cafeterias, commons, and lecture halls. Spaces not listed here that are requested will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- Classrooms are not being scheduled at this time.
- At this time, groups are able to submit requests for dates through August 15. 2021
- The District is working to support community use of facilities, however due to space constraints, healthy and safety requirements, altered high school and middle school activities and sports schedules, limited custodial availability and high community demand, not all requests will be able to be accommodated.
- The priority for scheduling space will be based upon:
- District-sponsored activities, programs and services.
- Non-district sponsored requests by organizations serving youth.
- All other requests.
- When requesting use, the following items are required to be completed prior to use:
- Facility Use Request Form completed
- Preparedness Plan for each type of use / group to be submitted to FaciliesUse@isd194.org. Preparedness plans must include operations and steps that each group will put in place in accordance with MDH guidelines.
- An updated Certificate of Insurance listing ISD 194 as additional insured, with $1.5 million minimum liability.
- A virtual meeting between a Facility Use Office team member, group officers, and onsite group leaders will be held to review proposed use, preparedness plan, and leader and participant expectations.
- An onsite walkthrough of the approved spaces that will cover all items discussed during the virtual meeting.
- Any outstanding fees from your user group will need to be paid.
- Guidance for Social Distancing in Youth and Adult Sports (PDF)
- Facility Use Request Form
- Online Acknowledgement of District Facility Use Policies and COVID-19 waiver
An onsite walk-through will be scheduled to go over the arrivals and in person planning for your group, members of District staff will also be available to hear plan and offer support and or any supplies and access accommodation and planning needed.
The participants of your program are each user group’s responsibility. This is part of the District guidelines and facility use rules. Before, during and after while they are on District property. Please ensure that there is a person from your group monitoring both arrival and departure.
Exposure & Diagnosis Steps & FAQs