Stepping Stones - Transition to Preschool
Ages 3 & 4
Welcome to your child’s first preschool experience!
This 2 day per week class combines traditional ECFE and Preschool for the perfect blend of fun.
An additional day of drop off preschool is avaialble (space permitting) for additional fee see.
Day 1 - ECFE class includes time for parent/child interaction and parent education.
Day 2 - Drop your child off for their two hour preschool experience where children will practice sharing, taking turns, using manners, pretending, following directions and engage in early literacy and math experiences...all in a play-based environment.
Children are not required to be toilet-trained to attend this class.
2021-22 School Year | ENROLLING NOW--2 Options
#121-400 | Mondays & Wednesdays | 12:45-2:45 pm
#121-401 Add a second day of drop-off preschool: Thursdays | $35/month
#121-500 | Tuesdays & Thursdays | 12:45-2:45 pm
#121-501 Add a second day of drop-off preschool: Wednesdays | $35/month
Sib Care Available Tuesdays
- Children must be 3 on or before October 15.
- Children are not required to be potty trained to attend this class. See below for more details.
- Classes meet from 12:45–2:45 p.m. and follows the regular ECFE calendar.
$85 per month with a $40 non-refundable registration fee.
- Sibling care is available on Tuesdays for $16 per month.
- Sliding fee scale does not apply to this class.
- For tuition assistance options call 952-232-3009 or email email@example.com
Diaper and Potty Training Practices
All children are encouraged to use the bathroom during group bathroom time, even children who are in diapers or pull-ups.
Diapers and Pull-ups
Children are not required to be potty trained to attend Stepping Stones. Children who are in pull-ups or diapers are welcome to attend however our ability to assist them is the following:
- Children who wet their diaper or pull-up are typically okay for the 2 hour class period and do not require changing.
- If a child has a bowel movement there are three options:
- Family members are called to come and change the diaper or pull-up.
- Time dependent; child may stay in the diaper or pull-up until pick-up time.
- Staff will coach/assist the child through the process of removing the soiled diaper or pull-up, cleaning themselves and putting on a clean diaper or pull-up.
Parents are encouraged to discuss these options with the early childhood teacher and parent educator prior to starting Stepping Stones and create a plan for the process. Each situation is very individual and staff will do their best to accommodate your child. If an agreeable plan cannot be reached, parents will be able to request a refund of their registration fee.
We understand that children have accidents. In case of an accident, we will help the child clean him/herself to the best of their ability and provide them with dry clothing (If school clothing is provided, please return clothing – washed). We will also notify you of the accident at pick-up time. It is helpful to keep an extra change of clothing in your child’s school bag. Please talk with the program staff about your child’s needs and create a plan if needed.