Unofficial 2017 Operating Levy Referendum Results
Please view the unofficial results from the operating levy referendum below. The results will be certified by the Board of Education at a later date.
On Nov. 7, Lakeville Area Schools is asking voters to consider renewing a 10-year operating levy which is set to expire. Renewing the 2007 referendum would translate to $692.75 per pupil in funding the first year, which supports existing educational programs and services. The question allows for increases based on inflation over the 10-year levy. Property taxpayers in the Lakeville Area Schools district will not see an increase in their school district portion of property taxes if the question is approved.
- Fast Facts Handout
- Analysis of Tax Impact for Referendum Levy Renewal - Taxes are not projected to increase as a result of the referendum.
- Absentee Voting started Sept. 22
- Early Voting runs Oct. 31 – Nov. 6
- Election Day Voting – Nov. 7, polls will be open 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. at 20 regular polling sites.
- See The Minnesota Secretary of State’s Office poll finder to locate polling sites.
Missed the public forums? Click here for the PDF of the presentation slides.
Public Opinion Survey
In June 2017, the district polled likely voters about their support for renewing the 2007 levy, which would provide $8.2 million to support existing educational programs. Click to view the survey results.