Early Childhood Screening
Early Childhood Screening is a FREE developmental screening required for all preschool-age children by the State of Minnesota prior to entry in kindergarten and some early childhood programs. The optimum age to screen is 3 ½ but children can be screened at age 3-5. Screening benefits children and families.
At your child’s screening appointment, a teacher and nurse will check your child’s:
- Vision, hearing, height, and weight
- Social and emotional progress and overall development
- Immunizations and health history
Early childhood developmental screening helps:
- Parents confirm their child is on track with development
- Connect you with early childhood programs and services
- Answer your parenting questions
3 Reasons to Screen at Age 3
1. Early screening can help set your chil up for success in school.
2. Any health or learning concerns can be identified early so intervention can be provided before the start of kindergarten.
3. Because screening is FREE and provides a snapshot of your child's health and development
Schedule an Appointment
- Fill out the form Lakeville Screening Request to start the process.
- Call 952-232-3000, ext #3 or email email@example.com and leave contact information. A member of our staff will follow up with you.
Options to complete the screening remotely or in-person (appointment needed):
In person appointments are for parent and child together, and take approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour. In-Person Screenings are held at Crystal Lake Education Center, 16250 Ipava Ave, Lakeville. For the health and safety of our staff, students, and those being screened we ask that you follow the safety guidelines:
- One adult is permitted to accompany the child to the screening appointment and will be asked to wait outside the room during the developmental screening process. A mask must be worn at all times by an accompanying adult.
- No other siblings or children can be admitted to the building for the screening.
- Prior to screening the adult and child will be asked to wash hands before entry to the screening room.
- Adults and children will be asked to verify a health screening prior to entry and will have a contactless temperature reading.
- Screeners will use a clear divider, facial masks and/or shields and social distancing whenever possible during the screening.
Remote screenings include a forms packet and two questionnaires, which can be done completely electronically. These are followed up by a telephone appointment with one of our Early Childhood Screeners.
After the screening is completed, you will receive a copy of the summary sheet and the form will be sent to your child’s elementary school prior to their entry to kindergarten.
Questions? Call 952-232-3006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Análisis de la Primera Infancia
Análisis de la Primera Infancia (ECS) es GRATUITO para todos los niños en edad preescolar y requerido por el estado de Minnesota. La edad óptima para analizar es de 3 a 4 años de edad y debe completarse antes de entrar al kindergarten. Incluye una revisión deldesarrollo de su hijo, la visión, la audición y las vacunas. ECS ayuda a identificar a los niños que pueden beneficiarse del distrito y de los recursos de la comunidad. Para ser una cita en ECS para su hijo(a) llame al 952-3000 #3 y deje un mensaje. Le regresaremos la llamada. ECS se encuentra en el Centro de Educación de Cristal Lake, 16250 Ipava Ave.