AVID is supported by the Equity Services Department.
AVID, short for Advancement Via Individual Determination, is a College Preparation System that closes the achievement, expectation and opportunity gaps that many students face. The AVID elective offers an academic elective class targeting students in the academic middle that have the desire to go to college and the willingness to work hard.
The AVID Program
- Teaches skills and behaviors for academic success
- Provides intensive support with tutorials and strong student/teacher relationships
- Creates a positive peer group for students
- Develops a sense of hope for personal achievement gained through hard work and determination
AVID's mission is an essential strategy for closing the achievement gap, making college access and success available to all students.
AVID in our Schools
The AVID program is offered all Lakeville Area Schools middle and high schools. Learn more about the program by contacting your child's school.
- Lakeville North High School
- Lakeville South High School
- McGuire Middle School
- Kenwood Trail Middle School
- Century Middle School
- Lakeville Area Learning Center (ALC)
Lakeville Area Schools AVID Team
AVID District Director
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” -Nelson Mandela